Friday, May 23, 2014

Quick to learn, a lifetime bit longer to master...

Time for an update to my much neglected blog. I've been very busy improving Mana. I've spent some time going to Meetup events in an effort to meet more people in the local tech community.

Oh yeah, and I moved in with my girl. :)

In my last blog updates, I spoke of my intention to create a mini version of Mana that exports to WebGL. That is still part of the plan, but I'm very much interested in finishing what I started. I have therefore been putting more effort into the Mana interface. Ultimately, I want to use it to create other products, including the WebGL exporter. It is important to get Mana to a state where I can do so efficiently.

One of the ideas I'm toying with is to make a tutorial/game that explains the basics of how Mana works. That's part of why I'm spending time meeting local people. I'm probably going to need some help, either in design or art or who knows what else.

Funding is also on my mind, of course. As an alternative to KickStarter, I am considering the possibility of local business incubators. Either approach requires time spent preparing my pitch and putting together a business plan. I don't even have business cards. There is simply not enough time in the day, but at least I'm having fun again!

Have I mentioned that Mana seriously rocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment